The Goleta Valley Art Association invites artists working in two-dimensional fine art and photography to apply for membership. Membership in GVAA remains in effect as long as yearly dues of $25 are paid by February 28. Dues for new members accepted after August 1 are $15 through the remainder of the year. We encourage members to actively participate in library shows, critiques, and outside exhibits offered by the GVAA.
To apply for membership, submit two pieces of artwork at any ingathering of a juried Goleta Library show (see Calendar) between 10:30 am and 1 pm at the Goleta Public Library, 500 N. Fairview Ave, Goleta, CA 93117. Pick up non-selected work between 3-5 pm. The fee for entering two pieces is $10 .
- Artwork must be your original work, not copied from another painting nor enhanced in any way by an instructor or other person.
- Artwork must be sturdily framed and wired for hanging.
- No frame may be smaller than 12 inches or larger than 42 inches.
- All artwork on paper must be covered by glass or Plexiglas. Shrink-wrap is not acceptable.
- Artwork content must be appropriate for hanging in a public facility.
- Craftwork, jewelry, stitchery, weaving, and sculpture are not accepted because these works cannot be displayed securely in our venues.
- If one of your artworks is accepted by the Juror for the show, the artist may become a member of the GVAA upon payment of dues. Membership will remain in effect for the balance of the year.
- If your artwork is sold from the Library show, you are expected to donate 10% of the sale price to Friends of the Library # 687 .
- All artists entering GVAA shows sign a liability waiver form. All reasonable care will be taken to protect your work, but insurance is the responsibility of the artist. Neither GVAA nor any public or private facility will be responsible for any loss.
Benefits of Membership
- The opportunity to present your artwork for public exhibition and sale.
- Professional critiques to assist your growth as an artist.
- Monthly newsletter with exhibition opportunities, local workshops, shows, and events, news of members’ artistic successes, and other art news.
- Camaraderie with artists of like interests.
- A link from the GVAA Website to your personal art website